Firestone's Road to the Main Stage is LIVE for 2023 with the winner performing at Rock en Seine, Paris!
- Firestone Music is back to support emerging UK artists with the Road to the Main Stage
- Firestone is building on its long-standing commitment to grassroots music by once again giving up-and-coming artists and groups the chance to compete in their Road to the Main Stage competition, in a partnership with Deezer* for the UK.
- Emerging artists can nominate themselves for the unique opportunity to perform at the Firestone Stage at Rock en Seine, Paris in the summer of 2023 along with the opportunity to win a professional recording session with Deezer in Paris. The winner will be selected via a public vote.
Firestone is building on its long-standing commitment to grassroots music by once again giving up-and-coming artists and groups the chance to compete in their Road to the Main Stage competition, for a second year in partnership with Deezer. The iconic search for talent competition is back in 2023, to give unsigned talent a chance to shine, providing money-can’t-buy opportunities for the winning act to play on the Firestone stage at Rock en Seine taking place in Paris in 2023 on 23rd and 25th to 27th August, Not only will the winner perform on the Firestone stage, they will also win a recording session with Deezer in Paris.
Firestone’s UK Marketing Manager Andy Mathias said: “What separates Road to the Main Stage from so many other grassroots initiatives is the incredible prizes afforded to the winning artists. The lucky winner will get to perform on the Firestone Stage at Rock en Seine, along with winning studio time Paris, which will help propel one talented act to the opportunity to perform to a LIVE audience at an amazing Music event.
“Just like Firestone tyres, our music programme has developed and evolved and our partnership with Deezer continues to add credibility and prestige to our competition.”
Hosted on a dedicated platform Road to the Main Stage by Firestone (withdeezer.com), the competition is punctuated by 3 highlights:
1. Call for entries (8th February to 22nd March 2023): young artists are called upon to apply directly on the platform by submitting their best project (track or EP) as well as a description of their musical universe and a few photos. To participate, artists must not have signed a contract with a record company, nor have released a full album.
2. Pre-selection and public vote (12th April to 24th May 2023): several artists are pre-selected by Firestone and the Deezer teams to continue the competition. The shortlisted projects are then voted on by Deezer users to choose their favourite artist.
3. Selection of the Grand Prize Winner (15th June 2023): the artist with the most public votes is then elected the Grand Prize Winner of the competition. He/she will have the chance to perform on the Firestone stage at Rock en Seine. In addition, the winner will receive a recording session at the Deezer studio in Paris and their artist profile will be featured on the platform.
Each phase of the competition is supported by a powerful audio, video and display media plan on Deezer.
Our Firestone range of tyres builds on a heritage of strength and reliability spanning over 100 years. Driven by music since 1928, our iconic tyre brand is well known for its musical legacy, bringing music lovers and talents together. Over the years, Firestone has given hundreds of musical acts the opportunity to perform on the Firestone stage at some of Europe’s biggest festivals. Firestone became part of Bridgestone Corporation, a global leader in tyres and sustainable mobility solutions, in 1988.
About Bridgestone in Europe, Middle East, India and Africa
Bridgestone in Europe, Middle East, India, and Africa (Bridgestone EMIA) is the regional Strategic Business Unit of Bridgestone Corporation, a global leader in tyres and sustainable mobility solutions.
Headquartered in Zaventem (Belgium), Bridgestone EMIA employs more than 20,000 people and conducts business in 40 countries across the region.
Bridgestone offers a diverse portfolio of premium tyres, tyre technologies and advanced mobility solutions. The company’s vision is to provide social and customer value as a sustainable solutions company. The Bridgestone E8 Commitment is a broad, global corporate commitment that clearly defines the value the company is promising to deliver to society, our customers and future generations in eight focus areas; Energy, Ecology, Efficiency, Extension, Economy, Emotion, Ease and Empowerment. These provide a compass to guide strategic priorities, decision making and actions throughout every area of the business.
Deezer offers 90 million tracks to 16 million monthly active users worldwide. Available in 180 countries, the music streaming service provides access to one of the world's richest catalogues of music and audio not only on mobile devices but also on connected TVs, connected watches, smart speakers, PCs, Macs and tablets. A French company, Deezer is based in Paris and has offices in Sao Paulo, Berlin, London, Miami and Dubai. Deezer is available as a free download for iPhone, iPad, Android and Windows devices or on the web at deezer.com. More information on Deezer Brand Partnerships, Deezer's integrated advertising network. Contact Deezer Brand Partnerships : firstname.lastname@example.org
WAVE is a marketing agency based in Belgium that helps brands create lasting and meaningful relationships specifically with music and sports fans. The stories it creates are deployed through attention-grabbing strategy, consultancy, campaign development and activation. This leads to projects that are natural, engaging and authentic.