TÜV SÜD test results see Bridgestone’s Duravis R002 offer best-in-class performance in the wet
TÜV SÜD test results see Bridgestone’s Duravis R002 offer
best-in-class performance in the wet
The Duravis R002, Bridgestone’s ultra-durable tyres designed for all types of fleet vehicles, deliver best-in-class performance in the wet. This is proven by tests performed by TÜV SÜD – one of Europe’s most respected independent automotive testing institutes.
In benchmark tests that examined wet braking and lateral wet grip performance, Bridgestone’s Duravis R002 showed significant improvement from its predecessor, the R001,and outperformed competing premium tyres1.
Outstanding wet performance
Developed and tested in partnership with 17 fleets across 13 countries, the Duravis R002 tyres were engineered to perform year-round on a variety of road conditions. This resulted in the tyres – which are winter ready, with 3PMSF markings – receiving a best-in-class ‘A’ grade on steer in wet grip. And now the renowned independent testing institute, TÜV SÜD, has found the Duravis R002 also delivers best-in-class performance in wet conditions.1
TÜV SÜD tests compared Bridgestone Duravis R002 alongside Continental’s Hybrid HS3/HD3, Goodyear’s Kmax S/D Gen-2 and Michelin’s X MultiWay 3D XZE/XDE. The Bridgestone tyre outperformed its competitors in both lateral wet grip (with a mean lateral acceleration on wet circle of 3.18 m/s2) and in wet braking - with a braking distance of just 24.9 metres.1
These best-in-class performances in the wet demonstrate an additional benefit in terms of safety for all road users in rainy weather conditions.
For maximum efficiency
Today, increasing demands on the transportation industry mean that fleet owners and managers need to maximise productivity and minimise operational costs more than ever. With a wear life that has a 45 percent improvement on its predecessor and a cost per kilometre that’s reduced by 15 percent, Bridgestone’s Duravis R002 tyres have been designed to help fleets lower their operational costs. Duravis R002 also offers optimized fuel efficiency, with a B-C-B combination in steer, drive and trailer.
Bridgestone Duravis R002 is available in 15 sizes and simplifies Bridgestone’s line-up in the versatility segment by replacing all existing products. Developed and produced in Europe, the new tyres mark a combination of a new innovative pattern concept and compound, and a newly improved manufacturing process.
Commenting on the test results was Steven De Bock, Vice President Commercial Business Unit, Bridgestone EMIA: “The Duravis R002 was engineered with modern day fleet challenges in mind. Cost and environmental pressures will always be front of mind for fleet managers, and we’re very proud to say that our tyres help to address those concerns. But safety will always be paramount – particularly in challenging road conditions. To hear that TÜV SÜD found the Duravis R002 to offer best-in-class wet performance1 is a great recognition for a tyre that has been designed to help fleets lower their operational costs while keeping them going and safe in challenging conditions.”
- ENDS -
- Tests carried out by TÜV SÜD on the request of Bridgestone in November 2019 at the facilities EUPG, Aprilia (Italy) for wet tests, on MAN TGX 26.500, on tyre size 315/80 R 22.5. Bridgestone DURAVIS R-STEER 002 / R-DRIVE 002 compared to the performances of main competitors in the same segment: Michelin X Multiway 3D XZE / X Multiway 3D XDE, Continental Hybrid HS3 / Hybrid HD3, Goodyear Kmax S Gen.2 / Kmax D Gen.2. Annex Report No.  Wet braking distance (60 km/h to 10 km/h) in meters: Bridgestone DURAVIS R002 (24.9), Continental Hybrid (25.3), Goodyear K-max Gen-2 (25.5), Michelin X Multiway 3D (26.1) Lateral wet grip stability (cornering) in meter/second2: Bridgestone DURAVIS R002 (3.18), Continental Hybrid (3.14), Goodyear K-max Gen-2 (3.14), Michelin X Multiway 3D (3.15)
-  Tests carried out by TÜV SÜD on the request of Bridgestone in November 2019 at the facilities EUPG, Aprilia (Italy) for wet tests, on MAN TGX 26.500, on tyre size 315/80 R 22.5. Bridgestone DURAVIS R-STEER 002 / R-DRIVE 002 compared to the performances of its predecessors: Bridgestone R-STEER 001 / R-DRIVE 001. Annex Report No. 
-  On steer, drive and trailer
-  Size: 315/80R22.5
-  Based on current wear performance internal test results vs predecessors R-Steer001, R-Drive001 and R168. Sizes 315/80R22.5 for steer and drive and 385/65R22.5 for trailer.
-  Average steer, drive and trailer. Based on current wear performance internal test results vs predecessors R-Steer001, R-Drive001 and R168.
 EU Label in sizes 315/80R22.5 steer & drive and 385/65R22.5 in trailer
Media information: For more information about this release, contact Ben Smallman on 07833 463195 or email@example.com
About Bridgestone in Europe, Middle East and Africa
We're the EMEA business of the world’s number one tyre and rubber company. For almost 90 years, we've been providing the confidence to get people and goods where they need to go as conveniently as possible, without interruption. That’s as true today as ever and means we’re trusted where it matters most: where the vehicle meets the road. We’re brilliant chemists, engineers and data scientists with some of Europe’s most advanced factories, world-beating technology, and leading R&D investments. We’re uncompromisingly focused on providing real solutions to the real problems that drivers face on the road every day. We keep them going, no matter what.
For more information about Bridgestone in EMEA, please visit www.bridgestone.co.uk and http://www.bridgestone.co.uk/tyre-talk/category/news/. Follow us on Facebook, Instagram, YouTube, Twitter and LinkedIn.